Oven Roasted Quail With Lime Glaze
By: Manchester Farms (a local farm producing quail meat, eggs and products)
- 4 raw quail (about 1 pound in weight)
- All purpose flour for dredging
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ tablespoon bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Honey, or agave
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly dredge quail in flour, then lightly salt and pepper.
- In a medium, ovenproof skillet, heat bacon drippings, then pan fry quail over medium heat, skin side down, for 3 minutes.
- Turn over, then fry for an additional 3 minutes. Pour lime juice and maple syrup into the bottom of the skillet from the side, not over the quail.
- Transfer to the oven, and roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove, cut each quail in half, then serve immediately, pouring the maple lime glaze over the top.
More of Manchester Farm’s recipes here.
By: Bobby Flay
Need a new drink recipe that reminds you of summer days that have passed? From the T.V. show “Chew” this recipe serves 4-6 people and is divine.
- 1 bottle of good quality rosé wine (chilled)
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/4 cup raspberry brandy
- 1 gala apple (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 large ripe peach (halved and finely diced)
- 1 soccarat raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- raspberry club soda or seltzer (chilled)
- fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)
- ice cubes (to serve)
- Combine the wine, nectar, brandy, apple, peach, raspberries and blackberries in a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 8 hours to chill and let flavors meld.
- Serve over ice and top off with a splash of club soda and garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired.
Learn better through seeing? Click here to view a clip from their show and see the deliciousness for yourself.