- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup watermelon juice, frozen in ice cube tray (optional)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- varied amount club soda
- varied amount kosher salt
- sprigs mint or basil for garnish
- two wedges watermelon for garnish
- Pour a generous amount of salt on a small plate. Line the rims of two glasses with lime juice and gently dip the rims into the salt. Combine the silver tequila, grapefruit juice, watermelon, and agave in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to mash the watermelon with the rest of the ingredients. Add ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Carefully add ice cubes of choice to the glass and, using a strainer, pour the tequila mixture over the ice. Top with club soda and garnish with mint or basil and a small watermelon wedge.
Recipe courtesy of the SC Peach Council
- 4 (750 MILLILITER) BOTTLES RED WINE
- 1 1/4 CUPS WHITE SUGAR OR MEASURED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE EQUIVALENT
- 2 GRANNY SMITH APPLES – PEELED, CORED AND SLICED
- 4 SLICED FRESH SOUTH CAROLINA PEACHES
- 2 BANANAS, PEELED AND SLICED
- 2 CINNAMON STICKS, CRUSHED
- 3 LITERS LEMON-LIME FLAVORED (REGULAR OR DIET) CARBONATED BEVERAGE
In a large pitcher, combine red wine, sugar, apples, peaches, bananas and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. When you’re ready to serve, stir in the lemon-lime soda. Serves 48.
Sunny Beer Cocktail
I thought I had invented this one myself, but turns out, I also found it online. There it’s called a Shandy or Brass Monkey, but I creatively call it Sunny Beer Cocktail. It’s great if you love beer and are trying to cut down on beer calories.
4 oz. Trop50 Orange Juice (25 cals)
4 oz. Light Beer (about 30 cals)
Orange slices for garnish
Pour the OJ over ice, then top off with 4 oz of beer. You’ll love it!